Friday, October 3, 2008

The Survey

I don't usually make this kind of non-narrative post, but this one sounded kind of fun when I saw it so here goes.

1. Did you date someone from your school? I WANTED to date someone from my school.


2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Yes, although she was there WAAAAY before I was. Just kidding, honey.

3. Did you car pool to school? Does my mom taking me to school count as carpooling?

4. What kind of car did you have? What car? My mom's Ford Limited or "the boat" as it was known to my sister and I.

5. What kind of car do you have now? Porshe Carrera. Yeah, right! It's a Chevy Suburban.

6. (THEN) Its Friday night...where are you? Bagging groceries at IGA, serving food through a drive-thru window, or selling drugs at Revco. Whatever my job-of-the-moment happened to be.

7. (NOW) It is Friday night...where are you? Now, I actually get to go see the Bobcats play.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? What kind of job did I NOT have in high school. Bagging groceries, stocking shelves, fast food, retail drugs. You name it, I did it!

9. What kind of job do you do now? Teaching high school mathematics

10. Were you a party animal? This may come as a shock (not), but not one, single party until I was in college.

11. Were you considered a flirt? Are you kidding? That would require a personality.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Believe it or not, NO, none of the above!

13. Were you a nerd? All the way! 100%

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Are you kidding? If I had even been called to the principal's office I probably would have needed to change my Levi 501s.

15. Can you sing the fight song? I'm embarrassed to say, but yes, I can sing it word for word.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mrs. Davidson, Mrs. Evans, and Coach Anglin

17. Where did you sit during lunch? At my mom's kitchen table

18. What was your school's mascot? The fighting Childress Bobcats!

19. When did you graduate? We are BAD! We are GREAT! We're the class of '88!

20. What was your school colors? Blue and white

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Not in a million years!

22. Did you have fun at Prom? For the most part. Dance until 12:00, in bed by 12:30!

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? When I see her, which isn't often.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Yeah, I'll go.

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Sure, all the time.

1 comment:

The Vannoy Family said...

"Did you go to the same high school as the one you married...YES... although she was there WAAAAY before I was..". YOU BUM! I'll remember this! I didn't meet KV until he was mature and 25 yrs. old (oximoron?)... I didn't stalk out the elementary school for easy prey! Reunions are still hard to attend - finding someone that I babysat is older than your husband is definitely NOT cool. How about your friends babysitting your husband when he was young... there are quite a few...argh! Thanks, honey!